Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ahhhh....Pink and Bows


I was dying to get some pink and a hair bow on Mia this morning!  They told us not to rush changing her clothes or giving her a bath right away.  We left her in what she was in for most of the first night.  I will always keep this outfit...long underpants, red sweat pants, beige turtleneck, pink sweater and red shoes.  And yes it is 75 degrees here!  Needless to say she was burning up!



We went back to the Civil Affairs office to get a family photo and have 2 interviews.  Afterwards we went to the supermarket to get some snacks, milk, juice, etc.  We stayed safe with some cereal and cookies that looked familiar!  Get this...you have to buy your bags at checkout!  They asked how many I needed and I didn't know what to say!  We then went back to the island where we are staying.  We had a Subway sandwich and hung out the rest of the day.  I am now listening to Mia laughing and giggling as the boys are playing with her.  Sweet sound!  We have got to get in bed!  Hopefully things will slow down and I'll be able to stay caught up with the blog.  Until then...Goodnight!

8 comments:

  1. She is just BEAUTIFUL!! I am so thrilled for you guys & so happy to see her happy. We'll keep praying for you & the kids (Blakely too!) & for your travel home. Absolutely cannot wait to meet Mia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Finally some pics :) I talked to Gigi earlier, and told her I was on pins and needles waiting to hear from you guys. She's precious!!! Your mom filled me in. I love you- miss you guys. Enjoy your new family!! Will continue to pray until you guys are safely back home in NEA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to finally get an update and pictures from you! You all look so happy! I can't wait to meet Mia in person! She is just prescious! Tell The boys that Payton and Drew said Hi! They love seeing the pics too! We are still praying! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Gretchen!!! She is just too sweet!! How awesome it is to see God at work and the waiting game to finally be over! I'm so glad that you got the blog up and running so we don't have to hang in suspense any longer. We'll keep praying as you spend the next few days getting to know your baby girl and for safe travels soon. Much love and lots of prayers being sent from the Magel's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is soooo precious!!! We are just so happy for you all and can't wait to meet her! She and Blakely are going to have some kind of fun together! We will continue to pray for you all! Love, the Pucketts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretchen,

    Denise Kemp told me about your blog and I was thrilled to find it! My husband and I have such a heart for adoption, and though we don't know if we'll ever be able to adopt ourselves, we are thrilled to add you and your family to the list of adoptive families to pray for! Your new daughter is beautiful (as are your other three children) and I'm so happy for you. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gretchen,
    My cousin Barbara VanHorn pointed me to your blog. Your little Mia is beautiful, and I'm so happy to read that she is transitioning well. We had similar transitions with our two. We are truly blessed!!

    I love seeing some of the familiar sites in your photos--the statues on Shamian Island and Lucy's restaurant if I'm not mistaken. If you like Thai, you might want to seek out Cow and Bridge restaurant...it's on the opposite side of the island from The White Swan and is one of my favorite restaurants on Shamian.

    Best wishes,
    Denise (Amy's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the posts and the pictures! Looks like you guys are enjoying every minute of your experience in China! So happy things are going smoothly and she just fits right in with her new Forever Family! Such an answered prayer. We're just so thrilled for you guys, you can't imagine the joy I feel for you all. So many years of answered prayers coming to fruition! God is just so good. Still praying daily. Hugs, prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete